There is no doubt that having a regular exercise routine is beneficial for your health. Most of us, do not immediately think about implementing a workout in the morning. Our mornings are often rushed already, which is a shame consider the huge upside of implementing a morning workout in your routine.
An article in American College of Sports Medicine’s Health & Fitness Journal talked about the benefits of high-intensity interval training. This particular high-intensity interval training consists of 12 exercises that you ideally do for 30 seconds each with a 10 second cool down in between. This was the foundation of what would be later called the seven minute workout.
Why should the seven minute workout be part of your day?
What makes the seven minute workout so great is that you only need a wall and a chair (and a floor) to do all the exercises. Also, the workout will take you, you guessed it, only seven minutes. This means that there is practically no excuse for you to start doing this right now. Everybody has seven minutes to spare and even when you are travelling you should have access to a chair and a wall.
This is what a seven minute workout makes so great. Easy to do anywhere, does not take a lot of your time and the effect is proven by scientific research. Many who started the seven minute workout have noticed big improvements in just a month. Personally, I have noticed a 5 kg weight drop in just four weeks, and this was without following any other diet or program.
Below you can find an overview of all the 12 different exercises of the seven-minute workout.
Why should you do this workout in the morning?
First let me say that you are, of course, free to schedule your seven-minute workout whenever works best for you. Starting the day with a workout, however, has a positive effect on the rest of your day. Working out offers a lot of benefits to your body, still not convinced, check out these 7 reasons below:
1) Exercise helps you lose weight and prevents excessive weight gain;
2) Exercise combats diseases and health conditions, exercise keeps your blood flowing smoothly which decreases the risk of (cardiovascular) diseases;
3) Exercise improves your mood, physical activity stimulates mind and body and help you feel more relaxed and happier overall;
4) Exercise actually helps you to boost your energy, physical activity improves strength and endurance so you have more energy for daily chores;
5) Exercise helps you sleep better, physical activity helps you to have better nd deeper sleep (note, do not exercise too close to bedtime);
6) Exercise sparks your sex life, more energy and better mood will have a positive effect on how you enjoy physical intimacy;
7) Exercise is fun, it takes your mind off other things, you can enjoy outdoors or focus on activities that make you happy.
The list above shows a lot of strong reasons why you should seriously consider exercise. But why should you do it in the morning?
So we have established that exercise helps to improve your mood and your overall energy levels, this is great for you and your body. But picture this, you are doing this in the evening after dinner, which, of course, is good, but you will reap fewer benefits of this during the day.
By starting your day on a high note, implementing an exercise, which could be as brief as a seven-minute workout, you reap the benefits during your entire day. You start your day on a high note and the better mood and extra energy is something you benefit from during your entire day!
So what are you waiting for?
Start today with adding your morning exercise in your daily routine. In this post we have talked a lot about the seven minute workout, there are several useful apps on the App or Play store that motivate you to stick to it.
So what about you, are you planning to implement it in your routine, or do is a morning exercise already part of your morning routine, leave a comment in the comment section below!